After running many projects, I’ve come to realize that they follow a pattern - of course! And that gives me an opportunity to make an algorithm for it.
The number one problem I’ve encountered in most projects is not a technical or a domain issue. Instead, it’s a communication or missalignment one. With that, Here’s my checklist to avoid issues and increase chances of success.
Important: Meet with ALL stakeholders of the project, including team members and fill this out together. Warning: It may take long and get heated but it’s worth it - Better have it all clear from the beggining than struggle throughout the project
- Why do this project?
- What do we expect to get out of the first version?
- What do we expect to get out of the stable version?
- How do we know this is a good idea?
- Have you asked your users?
- Who’s part of the project
- Define what success looks like for version 1
- Define what success looks like for version n
- What metrics will you use for version 1?
- What metrics will we use for version n?
- Version 1 release timeframe
- Version n release timeframe